Developed by academics at LSE, this diploma provides a strong grounding in the principles of accounting and helps you develop critical skills for a wide range of real world professional situations.
It is designed for graduates looking for either a standalone qualification in accounting or a foundation for postgraduate study in accountancy or related fields.
- Modes of study: Distance learning | Teaching Institution
- Course duration: 1-5 years
- Application deadlines: 1 October
Studying this course you will be able to:
- communicate knowledge and understanding of several of the major contexts within which accounting operates
- critically evaluate, current and major alternative technical languages and practices of accounting, together with appropriate ability to apply them
- record and summarise financial data and prepare financial statements
- manipulate financial and other numerical data and appropriate understanding of and ability to apply mathematical and statistical concepts
- communicate and apply knowledge and understanding of the principles of business information systems management at an appropriate level
- analyse business activities and perform financial analyses and projections in appropriate contexts of planning, decision making and control at an appropriate level